Did you know musculoskeletal injuries make up almost 2/3 of all reported workplace injuries in Australia? Also that a Federal Government study recently revealed that a person visiting their GP will only receive appropriate care just over half the time?
It can be very frustrating when you are trying to get the best advice for your injured employee, whilst also trying to work out how you can safely manage them at work. We have tried to solve this with our Digitally Enhanced Care Local Area Network and DECLAN ™ initiative.
Our experienced physiotherapists can video link with the workplace to deliver:
- Trusted best practice assessment and advice to the worker on their musculoskeletal condition.
- Timely feedback to the workplace regarding suitable duties and a treatment plan.
- Referral to one of our trusted network of providers if further management is agreed to.
Biosymm is by far the largest user of video-based telehealth services in Australia expecting to deliver care to more than 6000 cases this year. An outline of our telehealth process can be seen below.
Our clients have seen:
- Almost 8 out of every 9 work-related cases resolve without the need to open a claim
- Improved productivity through relevant advice and knowledge of the workplace.
- Reduced instances of injuries being aggravated and becoming an employer’s responsibility by the inclusion of non-work related injuries in the program.
- On average people returned to normal duties 10 days faster than predicted when benchmarked against MD Guidelines®.
- Up to a $10 return on every $1 spent on this program.
Our program improves recovery times and productivity. We believe this represents better health and better business.
Biosymm has created a secure program for which consultations are performed securely and easily.
The Declan program can be accessed in the following ways:
Biosymm can coordinate care across more than 400 providers across Australia and New Zealand. This network can be utilised to deliver evidenced-based treatment or return to work functional capacity assessments to ensure your employees are receiving the best possible care.